Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Danielwolfmountain  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 1:52:16 PM(UTC)
Danielwolfmountain

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore dryer model #: 417.93042201 My dryer is not drying clothes. It has good air flow and I believe the problem is with the heat. It will start the burner and heat up at the beginning of the cycle but it seems the farther the cycle goes the less the burner will come on. Therefore, the clothes end up wet at the end of the cycle. I have tried the auto dry and the time dry setting and neither one will dry clothes. I also observed the igniter as it cycled on and off later in the cycle. About every 30sec the igniter would pull 3.2 to 3.4 amps. It would light up for about 5 to 10 sec then go dark and it would stop drawing power. About every 5th or so time of lighting up and going dark the gas would ignite and heat up the dryer. I think it may be either the igniter or the gas valve that is the problem but because it is working some of the time I'm not really sure?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.