Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geo110111  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:57:52 AM(UTC)
geo110111

Groups: Registered

I replaced today the air duct by the tumbler. It was broken. I put everything together and it worked fine. I came home an hour later and my wife said the dryer will not stay running. It only runs if you hold in the start button. I have unplugged for 10 minutes hoping for somekind of reset. No lUCK. Please Help.. Thanks George
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:32:14 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi George

This problem is usually associated with a failure of the motor wiring. I would take the machine apart again and make sure you have good wiring connections to the motor.

If that does not fix it, you might want to change the timer out, as it is not expensive, but I fear that a motor replacement may be the solution.

Good luck
geo110111  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 5:20:33 AM(UTC)
geo110111

I have been using a "C" clamp to hold in start button and it has been working..How could it be the motor if it runs fine while starter button held in ?? Thanks for replying
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 6:05:34 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi George

Good question.

Dryer motors generally have two sets of windings, start and run. If there is a problem in the wiring the dryer will shut off unless you hold in the start switch. That is why I suggested you thoroughly check the connections to the motor.

If you want to you can change out the start switch and see if that cures your problem. Sometimes that is where the problem is.
Faith Wilmot  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:42:20 AM(UTC)
Faith Wilmot

My understanding is that the start switch can be checked by checking for continuity. I am having the same problem and found my start switch works fine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply