Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jwhiting  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 6:23:57 PM(UTC)
Jwhiting

Groups: Registered

LG DLG3744S Dryer
Yes this is the most common question and I ask it again,..
Here are the symptoms, Turn on, ignitor lights but no gas is released to burner. Ignitor continues to light but never has gas to burn. Oh and the ignitor is getting 120 volts.

What I have tested, Flame sensor has continuity, thermostat has continuity,
High limit thermostat has continuity. The only thing left I think is the Thermistor and testing it while unplugged had NO continuity.

So Should I be looking at the thermistor? Also, what in the world does the thermistor do anyway?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jwhiting  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:24:32 PM(UTC)
Jwhiting

Groups: Registered

After testing each componet for continuity I discovered that one of the coils on the gas valve was not giving any ohm readings. So I purchased a gas valve from Appliance Parts Pro and installed it just tonight.
WALA, it works and lives again!
If this happens to you and you buy a new gas valve for these LG series dryers, DONT throw away your old one. There is still a good coil on it and the valve is also still good. So the next time you have a coil go out you will have the good one left from the old valve to replace with. The coils are removeable and can be used, if good, again. They just don't sell them separately. Which is the money pit of LG.

Thanks you Appliance Parts Pros for being a wonderful dealer of parts and your Customer Service is 100 percent tops!:):):):):):):)
JW
in Minnesota:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply