Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larhud  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 2:50:47 PM(UTC)
larhud

Groups: Registered

i have checked for contiuity on all applical parts i have replaced the element. could the resister on the on off switch cause the dryer to not heat up
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:50:28 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Just to be sure you are checking resistance correctly. When you check the parts, you have to pull 1 wire off to check continuity. That way you are not reading a false resistance. Since you already have taken the element out, and replaced it, that leave the 2 thermostats, and the thermal fuse on the top left side of the heater housing. If they check good, then the only other things it could be is the motor switch on the motor, or the heat selector swotch. One thing I do want to say is you need to check the voltage to the dryer, where the cord come's into the back of the dryer. Just because the dryer runs, does not mean it has the full amount of voltage. There are three terminals in the back where the cord hooks up to. check from the far right to the far left, and you should get 240 volts. Check from the far left to the middle, and you should get 120 volts. Check from the far right to the middle, and you should get 120 volts. I hope this helps you. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
larhud  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:51:21 PM(UTC)
larhud

Groups: Registered

i checked the braker at the fuse box. i checked voltage on the power cord connection. 240 across the board. is the resister at the on off switch a possibility? the power input to the element pig tails to a orange and black wire wich goes to the motor and the fuse at the on off switch as well? im kinda stumped. could any temp sensors have continuity and still be bad particularly the cycling one? low temp? high temp?
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 4:09:24 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If you have the timer I am thinking of, take the back off the control panel, and make sure the dryer is unplugged. You will see a black wire on the timer, and a red wire on ther next terminal next to it. Take the red wire off the timer, and just turn the dryer timer to a timed dry heat cycle, and then put your meter on ohms, and check accross the black wire to the terminal, that you pulled off the red wire. If you get continuity the timer is good, if not the timer is your problem. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply