Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CNYarea1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 9:50:58 AM(UTC)
CNYarea1

Groups: Registered
Views messages in topic : 1

I do not have the model number here, but if it is necessary I can try to find it.

I am guessing this is very simple, but I just want to make sure before I plug it in.

I moved to a new house and the outlet is different than the house I was in before. I was using a 4-wire system which has 4 prongs that plugged into the wall. When I went to install the dryer at my new place I noticed it only had a 3 prong outlet.

I went to sears and they told me I just needed to change the plug which is simple as you just take apart the panel on the back and screw it in.

One thing I noticed though is that on the old wire it had an extra wire to plug in as the ground along with the ground that is built into the dryer.

With the new wire it only has 3 connectors and no ground.... Does this mean I do not need the extra ground with a 3-wire system ? Or do I have a wrong wire ?

It still has the ground that is attached to the dryer... just not a seperate ground coming out of the plug/cord

Just need this confirmed thanks a lot
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.