Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MizzJessica  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 10:39:42 PM(UTC)
MizzJessica

Groups: Registered

I have had my dryer for a little over a year, it has never had a problem othen than sometimes when cleaning the filter the lint would drop down the back. Today I realized my clothes were not getting dry but when I would open the dryer I would see there are flames because I would see an orange glow and it was HOT inside, and hot to the touch on the outside, REAL hot. So I read some stuff online and pulled the dryer from the wall and cleaned the coil which had lint all backed up in it. So then put the dryer back in place and then turned it on and no heat at all! So took it back out from the wall made sure eveything seemed okay and then back to the wall it goes. Turn on the dryer again and once again there is heat....but ALOT of it. The orange light again, open the dryer and massive heat comes out and I just feel like since the lint clog in the coil that my dryer is going to blow up or cause a fire or something. I don't have or want to spend money to get a tech out to look at it unless something is majorly wrong.... I do live in an apartment complex but my dryer is not something I am renting from them I bought it and its my responsiblity. Can someone help me please! Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.