Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
muchlub  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:09:11 PM(UTC)
muchlub

Groups: Registered

since finding out that my roper dryer belt has broken, i have been able to dismantle the cabinet in a orderly fashion, removed the old belt and can somewhat simulate the reassembly of my unit. Oh yea, have also purchased a replacement belt!

i need help/instruction on how to make the belt fit. the one i bought is dryer drum belt#Part number: 341241
Part number: 341241
. this belt seems a few inches too large. there is about a 2-3 inches of slack when i place it around the drum and run it around the motor pulley. also i'm not seeing a way to affix the idler pulley properly to create enough tension in the belt to turn the drum. when i removed the drum the idler seemed to be sitting on the floor of the cabinet. where/how does this attach? is there somewhere i can go to see a diagram?

...can anyone help??? it is time to wash again!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 5:04:47 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Diagram should be on the belt package if it was a FSP from Whirlpool. Go to WHIRLPOOL Whirlpool Dryer Belt, part number: AP2946843 for info.
Richard Bente  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:36:03 AM(UTC)
Richard Bente

I am having the same prolem. please advise
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2009 2:22:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Richard,

You can find all diagrams in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...dryer-belt-diagrams.html

If you need more specific advice then post the complete model number of the dryer.

Gene.
MUSE  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 8:21:36 AM(UTC)
MUSE

[IMG]http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/buyitnow64_2118_20371441[/IMG]
I HAVE BOUGHT THIS PART.. I HAVE THE BELT WHICH SEEMS TO BE TO LONG BY ABOUT INCH OR TWO..WHY?I HAVE READ ALL THE DIAGRAMS..NONE SEEM TO BE THE GROUND PULLEY SYSTEM..HUM IS IT TIME TO SPEND THE $320 FOR THE REPAIRMAN?
HELP PULLING HAIR OUT..

I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A DRYER FOR TWO WKS..
denman  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 9:12:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This may help
YouTube - Replace Dryer Belt.Idler Pulley,Drum Support Rollers Part2

If not do a google video search "yahoo video dryer idler pulley"
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
MUSE  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 9:35:31 AM(UTC)
MUSE

Am At A Library And It Wont Let Me Watch Utube... Lol..got Laugh Or The Dryer Would Make Me Cry
denman  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 10:15:20 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I just went to the link and it worked for me so it must be something to do with your computer or internet hookup.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 1:41:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hopefully this diagram will help.

Gene.
ruminator  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:42:32 PM(UTC)
ruminator

Some Roper dryers, such as Model RES7646KQ2 , have an idler arm that was designed without a pulley wheel. It's part #53 on the Roper parts diagram for this machine. There is a curved low-friction pad that the belt slides over (where the wheel usually is) that must have been someone's bright cost-saving idea. Even the manufacturer now recommends that this misbegotten part be replaced with a more typical idler pulley.

However, if you want to keep it, you can use the common Whirlpool/Roper belt #Part number: 341241
Part number: 341241
. To install it, position the idler arm similar to Gene's illustration, and place the new belt around the drum according to the standard instructions. It may help to temporarily tape the belt to the drum once you get it in position, as long as you remember to remove the tape later.

Make a small flat loop in the belt by pressing its sides together, and pass the loop through the rectangular opening in the idler arm. Pull the loop around and over the motor pulley, and make sure it is seated on that pulley. The smooth side of the belt should now be riding against the smooth surface of the low-friction pad at the end of the idler arm, and there should be good tension on the motor pulley and the dryer drum.

I haven't seen an installation diagram that shows this type of idler arm, and there seem to be lots of unanswered queries regarding these machines. If you have one, hope this helps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply