Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill2007  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:39:16 PM(UTC)
Bill2007

Groups: Registered

Hello a helpful forum I hope. The heater doesn't kick in and shows no power going to the contacts. (checked with volt meter) Heating coils look fine and should work. Sensor trouble ? The rest is working fine and now clean too :) Thanks for any help here. Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:07:54 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Veryify first that you have 240vac between the black and red wires at the terminal block. When operating, you should have 240vac when you measure accross the element, but you need to check the thermal cut-out and the high limit thermostat for continuity. Both are attached to the heater housing. If they check OK, check the operating thermostat attached to the blower duct for continuity. Any of these item's will prevent heater operation.
Bill2007  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:21:07 PM(UTC)
Bill2007

Helpful and fast :) The wife has it in use for the moment to get the laundry a bit dryer. So I'll will be the one slowing this down, sorry Brian. Terminal block ? I'm still learning English and have no idea what that would be. There is one censor on the air inlet above the coils, red in and red out to the coils, thought about short it out to see if, but not tried yet. And those are the only two items on the right side air intake. Wire goes from coil further to the front of the machine over the bottom, but as it was filled I didn't tip it over :) I guess the door switch ? I'm new at this, but here, out in the middle of nowhere (80 miles from any shop) I like to know what I need first :) Thanks so far, the quick response gives me hope that I can tackle this problem, I 'll report back here asap.(tomorrow) Regards Bill Edit I can supply pictures of my new hobby ;) when needed :) this should be a picture of it UserPostedImage
Bill2007  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 10:52:07 AM(UTC)
Bill2007

Okay, I think it's the thermo cut overheat out thingy placed just above the heating coils that gave up the battle, got a lot of numbers on it though, what number should I use to order a new one ?? And do you guys ship to Canada ?? Thanks for giving me the urge/will to solve this one myself, just talked to a neighbor and he paid $100, just to get a guy out to have a look at his freezer!
TechnicianBrian  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 2:32:57 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The thermal cut-out makes sense to me. This is the part you are looking for as it includes both thermostats as a kit. I am not sure if AppliancePartsPros ships to Canada or not, but you can take that part number to other part resellers if they don't. Good luck on the repair.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply