Discuss

GE Profile Harmony Dryer

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Correction: I was referring to *motherboard, or inverter PWB.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » GE Profile Harmony Dryer

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 AM

fcid2020 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Correction: I was referring to *motherboard, or inverter PWB.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

I am not sure about the triac either other than it varies the wattage for one of the heaters. The other is controlled by the heater relay on the board. So I assume if the triac were bad you would still get heat from the other heater.

Can you tell if the blower is actually running or not?

I think it is either in the blower motor or the inverter. As I said before, the inverter is the only thing that will cause all three error-codes but I canít say for sure if it is your problem or not. I have been through this before and have seen the motor check ok ohms wise so I change the inverter then still end up having to replace the motor to get it going. I have called GE technical assistance for this reason and all they tell me is to replace both, which is not helpful at all.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM

fcid2020 is on a distinguished road

That's what I see in the diagram on the two heaters and the relay and triac.

The blower is not running. It only jerks quickly twice or thrice.

I think it is either in the blower motor or the inverter. I think I'll go for the motor first, then inverter. I'm not just sure where to get the inverter replacement. I'll check the store nearby this week.

Thanks for your help, applianceman.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 AM

f4mdtwr is on a distinguished road
Default Inlet Thermistor

Applianceman,

Do you know the part number for the Inlet Thermistor? I called up the error codes and it stated...

1) "There is a problem with the inlet thermistor. Please check and replace if needed" (something like that)

2) "There appears to be no gas flow. Please check the valves and connections."

These are the two items that came up.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jimmy
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM

fyehoo is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem and this thread has been really helpful. I discovered that you can actually test the motor without disassembling everything to the point where you have access to the blower motor. The red/blue/yellow wire pairs lead to the CNI5 connector on the inverter board. So I took the connector off (it says blower next to the connector as well as CNI5) and tested the pairs there. Got the same ~14.9 ohms there as I did right at the motor.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 AM

AdamAbrahamA is on a distinguished road

I think it is either in the motorized infiltrator engine or the inverter. As I said before, the inverter is the only factor that will cause all three error-codes but I can not say for sure if it is your issue or not.....
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM

fyehoo is on a distinguished road
Default Motor Ohms checked out but replacing it fixed the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by applianceman View Post

I think it is either in the blower motor or the inverter. As I said before, the inverter is the only thing that will cause all three error-codes but I canít say for sure if it is your problem or not. I have been through this before and have seen the motor check ok ohms wise so I change the inverter then still end up having to replace the motor to get it going. I have called GE technical assistance for this reason and all they tell me is to replace both, which is not helpful at all.
Thanks Applianceman for the info. After the motor checked out I was left with the decision to replace the inverter or the motor. Based on your earlier posts I decided to try the motor first and this fixed the problem.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 AM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

Your welcome!

Good job on the repair.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM

chvybeatsford is on a distinguished road

I know this is old but across my motor read 14.7 and one was 14.5 another was 14.6 .. does the difference matter?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM

malo4 is on a distinguished road
Default heater box error code

So our dryer tumbles and keypad works fine but there is no heat. It just stopped a day or two ago. Looking at this forum thread I checked the field service diagnostics and received the error of "there is a problem with the heater box, please check and replace if necessary."
Can someone please tell what needs to be replaced or the steps to figure it out? Thanks for any help.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.