Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave in NH  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 12:55:48 PM(UTC)
Dave in NH

Groups: Registered

After 5 weeks brand new dryer needed a new motor. Motor bearings were ok - service tech said they have a centrifugal switch on the motor that can't be replaced that could be the problem - have to replace whole unit. He replaced and was fine for about 10 days. Now same symptoms are back: push start and there is just a soft buzz noise, no motion. Each time I've checked for 240 V and my end seems to be fine.

Questions:

1. Are these dryers known for this problem? Tech had one in the truck which was interesting.

2. Anything on my end that could be causing these motors to die? Whenever I check I have a solid 240 at the outlet and no other "poltergeists" going on in the house??

3. Anything the tech could do to improve odds of the next one lasting?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.