Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nydia9846  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:07:21 AM(UTC)
nydia9846

Groups: Registered

the Dryer Starter Switch Works Sometimes And Not Others. In This Dryer One Sets The Drying Cycle And Then Moves The Starter Switch To The Right And The Dryer Starts And Stays On. In My Dryer, Sometimes It Stays On, Sometimes It Does Not Work At All, Sometimes It Starts And Then Shuts Itself Off After A Few Seconds. The Part # We4x352 Is Discontinued But Perhaps There Is Something I Can Clean Or Whatever To Get This Going Again. My Dryer, When It Works, It Works Great!!! Do I Have To Throw It Out Because The Part Was Discontinued???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:00:48 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Nydia

There are a used appliance parts site on the internet that may be able to help you. Here is one

Good Quality Used Appliance Parts

I should tell you that it is possible, even likely that the start switch is not your problem, but if you can find one at a reasonable price it is certainly worth a try.

My own, unsolicited, and therefore suspect opinion, is that when parts are discontinued for a machine it is the world's way of telling you it is time to replace it. In our area you can get a good used dryer for less than $150.00 and the new dryers, basic model (which is all you need) can be had for $300.00 and up. If you are unable to find the switch, or you do find it and that does not solve your problem that is what I would recommend.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out. I think everyone who views this site will be interested in hearing how it turns out with the used appliance part sites.
nydia9846  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:16:18 AM(UTC)
nydia9846

I went to the website for used appliance parts which gave me the phone number 570-622-6441 and a gentleman spoke to me to sort out my problem. It seems like the switch might not be the problem, but overheating due to lint. He recommended that i take it apart and vacuum all around the bottom and the motor and see if that solves my problem. I want to thank you for your answer. Let's hope this works. If it doesn't, it's time for me to get a new dryer. God bless you.:)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 12:43:24 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

That's good advice and I hope it works. Let us know

Thanks
nydia9846  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
nydia9846

Well, I cleaned it and the dryer is working. So I guess it worked!!! THANK YOU.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:13:28 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Fantastic, reallyt glad it worked out for you, and thanks for updating us!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply