Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alana  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 1:16:36 PM(UTC)
Alana

Groups: Registered

I bought this Kenmore front load washer and dryer second hand. We had to replace outlet for dryer. The other day my WASHER power cord blew because of the ground wire was pinch somewhere. This had happened while washer was in motion. Well that was the solution we came up with.

Meanwhile the Dryer circuit breaker switch kept tripping off. So I went to turn the DRYER switch back on and the WASHER power cord blew while washing clothes. Mind you that the DRYER was off, not drying any clothes. The DRYER switch does not want to turn off or turn on, the switch just stays in the center. If I were to force it to turn on I feel something my blow again.
Please if you have any suggestions to this matter place respond. I would deeply appreciate it.

Mahalo,
Alana
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:16:10 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Alana

I do have some suggestions, but they are to suggest you get some professional help (for your electrical problems, not for yourself).

I think you need to have a qualified electrician check out your wiring and your circuits, as they just do not sound like they are in correctly. (I am assuming you did not have a dryer and washer connected in this area prviously).

Once you have assurances that the electrical outlets and circuits are correctly installed, we can take a look at what problems you may be having with the washer and dryer. You seem to be saying that your washer's ground wire shorted out a live circuit, which is not good.

You should know that I cannot be optimistic that the recommendation will not be to junk the two appliances that you have and replace them with eithe new or good used models. The type of electrical problems you have described are just not things you want to fool around with.

Let us know what you decide, and please post the model numbers of each appliance if you want some additional feedback. Good luck, and sorry I could not give you a more satisfactory solution.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply