Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcboucher  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:35:20 AM(UTC)
dcboucher

Groups: Registered

Newbie here, sorry for the hassle. http://forum.appliancepartspros...images/smilies/smile.gif I have a Whirlpool Dryer model LGR3624JQ2 "Special Edition" that has served us well until now. The element glows and the gas ignites usually on the first firing of the drying cycle. After the gas shuts off (I guess from the thermostat), and the dryer cools a bit and the gas needs to fire again, the element glows, I hear a rattling sound and the gas fails to ignite. One thing is consistent. If I hear the rattle, the gas will definitely not light. If I don't hear the rattle, it will light. The element glows every time. I don't know how to get inside this thing but I am comfortable with most electrical repairs. If I had disassembly instructions and some knowledge of what and how to test, I would take this thing on myself. I have tools including a Fluke DVM.

Thanks y'all
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.