Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobG68  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 12:50:47 PM(UTC)
BobG68

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune dryer Model # MDG6800AWW approximately 6 years old. The dryer can sometimes run for 3 hrs before drying the load completely. No matter what type of cycle is selected, be it sensor dry or time dry and no matter which temperature is selected, the dryers heat cycle turns on every 45 seconds and burns for 7 seconds and shuts off. The #23-ignitor was replaced last year along with a #22-High limit T-Stat. I have done some tests. First I checked the lint trap and cleaned the vent pipe thoroughly. I checked the vent outside for proper flow. I removed the front cover of the unit and pulled the wires off to #22- High limit T- Stat and put the wires together. The igniter lit and the flame started up and remained on. It did not shut off within a few seconds like my initial problem. I then replaced the wires on the hi-limit T-Stat and did the same test to the #21- Flame Sensor. This time the igniter lit but no gas was released to start a flame. All sensors measured “0”. I suspected the coils may have been bad, so I replaced them but it did not solve my issue. I double checked the new coils- The coil with 2 terminals measured 1270, New Coil with 3 terminals I tested the left and middle terminals measured 1880 ohms & New Coil with 3 terminals I tested the left & right terminals which measured 600 ohms. I rechecked the following items, this time with a new digital meter: #21-flame sensor, #22-hi limit thermostat, #38 Thermostat high-limit (cycling thermostat) & #40 Thermal fuse all "0" out. Setting the multi-meter to 2k, the #41 thermistor measured 14.87 and when I jumped it, the dryer would not start. It was receiving current but it would only allow the dryer to start for a split second and then shut down. The bottom line is I am not coming up with any obvious issues and the coils have been replaced. I don't know what else to test or look for, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Best regards, Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.