Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Connie bennett  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
Connie bennett

Groups: Registered

I've ownd dryer for 5 years I boughta Thermal Cutoff (whirpool Part Number)279769...

I dont know where to install, they look a little bit different then the original ones...

Its a natural gas dryer
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:46:25 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The parts you have from the cut-off kit will not look the same because your dryer being gas, does not use the thermal cutoff. The burner in your dryer uses the operating thermostat, a thermal fuse (AP3132867), and a high limit thermostat which is located on the heater box as safety devices. I am assuming based on the parts you purchased that the dryer is not heating. First, make sure the burner igniter is glowing when you start the dryer. You can see it by removing a small square plug located on the lower front panel on the left side. Turn on the dryer then wait and see if you can see the igniter glowing. If you see it, then we are dealing with a burner issue and may just need some coils. If not, then there is no voltage getting to the burner. If you are looking at the back of the dryer with the panel removed, you can try bypassing the thermal fuse located on the blower housing. It has two blue wires leading to it and if you take the two wires off, and slide the connectors together, you can test to see if the heater now works. Make sure these connections do not touch metal and unplug the dryer each time you touch any of the wires. If that didn't work, then try the high limit the same way except the wires will be red and red/white. If neither of those were the problem, then it is time to use a multimeter to figure out where the voltage is missing.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply