Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve Criswell  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:59:39 PM(UTC)
Steve Criswell

Groups: Registered

UNIT DESCRIPTION
I purchased a LG refrigerator (MODEL# LFC25760st S# 612KREL00076) in December 2006 from Home Depot.

PROBLEM
I recently found that the support ring (503D) had melted allowing the MCI PCB (503C), its support ring, and the lens to hang down on its wires. Only the support ring seems to have melted. I assumed that the lights were staying on, but I did not confirm that at first by pushing the door switches. Now the refrigerator lights do not come on regardless of the status of the door switches. The lamps test OK. The door open buzzer works one minute after either door is left open as it should; therefore I assume the door switches are working.

ACTIONS
I went on line and found that several people have had the lights stay on and melt the support ring. They did not, however, say what component had failed.

I down loaded the manual. Page 30 shows the light circuit. The circuit consists of the PCI board (503C), a relay, the door switches and the bulbs. I can locate all but the relay (G5N-1A).

QUESTIONS
Are you familiar with this problem on LG refrigerators?

Do you know what component has failed?

Are there upgrads that I should consider (LEDs, lower wattage bulbs)?

Where are are the relays located?

s
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.