Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
F99277  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 10:15:17 AM(UTC)
F99277

Groups: Registered

My Maytag does not respond to the automatic dryer functions. It dryers OK in manual mode and shuts off Automatically. When it is set to auto dry the unit will dry the clothes but will not shut off. The auto dryer switch does not move from the position that it was set to. I am assuming that the sensor that detects for clothes wetness is not working. Where is this sensor located and how can I check it to see if it is cloged up with lint or whatever.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Debbie451  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:53:01 AM(UTC)
Debbie451

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: F99277 Go to Quoted Post
My Maytag does not respond to the automatic dryer functions. It dryers OK in manual mode and shuts off Automatically. When it is set to auto dry the unit will dry the clothes but will not shut off. The auto dryer switch does not move from the position that it was set to. I am assuming that the sensor that detects for clothes wetness is not working. Where is this sensor located and how can I check it to see if it is cloged up with lint or whatever.

Did you ever get this resolved? My SDG305 dryer is doing the EXACT same thing. My laundry is in a detached room and once it ran over 24 hours! That was some DRY clothes! Timed drying works fine, anyway I have it apart to replace the belt and pulley, and would like to fix that if possible before I re-assemble it. I don't see any sensor type things on the drum, though. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply