Discuss

drum felt seal

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I have a Kenmore dryer and the felt seal came out. I ordered part number 280114 and I'm not sure

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » drum felt seal

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM

lucky0323 is on a distinguished road
Default drum felt seal
Brand: Sears   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Kenmore dryer and the felt seal came out. I ordered part number 280114 and I'm not sure how to put it in. Does the adhesive go on the black strip? Does it go in folded with the opening on the inside towards me or the opening towards the drum? Is there a diagram that I can see? Thanks

Last edited by lucky0323 : 10-15-2011 at 11:29 AM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 AM

George C is on a distinguished road
Default George C

Joe,
Thanks for the reply. I checked the circuitry on the low heat setting and found the circuit in the timer to be open between the timer and the violet terminal. The circuit between the blue and the timer was closed.
Based upon what you told me, they should have both been closed. On this basis I'll order a new timer.,
Thanks,
Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Expert

Jeff / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Hello Lucky. Yes, the glue goes on the black part of the seal. What is the model number you are working on? Thanks.

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff / APP Team View Post
Hello Lucky. Yes, the glue goes on the black part of the seal. What is the model number you are working on? Thanks.
model number is 11073942101
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Senior Expert

Hello Luck. You will need to apply the glue to the black part of the seal. Then with the black part down toward the tub, you will install the seal onto the drum. These can be tight to install, but do not need to be loose. Place the felt where it makes contact with the front panel of the dryer. Allow 4 to 6 hours for the glue to dry before using the dryer. There is no diagram available for the seal install. Hope this helps.

Part number: AP3790434

Part number: AP3790434

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky0323 View Post
model number is 11073942101
I tried to put it in over the weekend and it was to thick it stopped the drum from moving. So I guess it goes in flat. Does the black tape with the glue on it go in first and up or last and on the bottom?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Senior Expert

The black part glues to the outside of the dryer drum. You will install it before you install the dryer drum. You do not fold the felt seal. Hope this helps.

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM

llptbird is on a distinguished road

Jeff K. / APP TEAM:
Do you think this part would fit my Maytag MDE9700AYW? I ordered two with the glue yesterday but this is the first I've seen them by themself. Do you know what size I need?
If you look at my model number you will see it comes with the tub and not by themselfs.
Thank You:
TomP

Last edited by llptbird : 10-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Senior Expert

Hello Tom. No, according to the manufacture, you will need to replace the drum assembly. They do not offer the flet seals separately. Thanks.

Part number: AP4502407

Part number: AP4502407

Drum replacement parts for MAYTAG MDE9700AYW DRYER- ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.