Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kel4dolphins  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 5:03:15 AM(UTC)
kel4dolphins

Groups: Registered

My gas dryer has no heat. Everything else works from blower to drum turning. I have replaced the thermostat, and coils. The ignitor glows, turns off and no gas is released. I am a do it yourself single mom living on a tight budget. What is wrong with my dryer and what do I need to do next. :confused:

p.s. Gas valve is on :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 6:59:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kel4dolphins Go to Quoted Post
My gas dryer has no heat. Everything else works from blower to drum turning. I have replaced the thermostat, and coils. The ignitor glows, turns off and no gas is released. I am a do it yourself single mom living on a tight budget. What is wrong with my dryer and what do I need to do next. :confused:

p.s. Gas valve is on :D

Kel,

Is there gas supplied to the back of the dryer ?

Based on your information, you most likely have a mechanical failure or debris in the gas valve body interior.
The model number you supplied is incorrect, and we could not research your possible parts needs.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
kel4dolphins  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 7:24:50 AM(UTC)
kel4dolphins

Groups: Registered

yes there is gas supplied to the back of dryer. The model number I gave you is the number found on the inside of the door. In the beginning it would heat up and then not heat. Did that for about a month.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kel4dolphins Go to Quoted Post
yes there is gas supplied to the back of dryer. The model number I gave you is the number found on the inside of the door. In the beginning it would heat up and then not heat. Did that for about a month.

Kel,

I'm sorry, but we still can't get the model number to register in the Sears Kenmore home page.
Either way,

Remove the wire harness connectors from the new gas valve coils, look at the terminals on the coils closely, there should be traces of scratches on the metal terminals, where the interior contacts in the wire harness connector attach on the terminals, if there are no scratches on any of the terminals, we dont have a good connection on the coils and the coil will not activate and release the gas. I there is gas to the valve and all the coils terminals have scratches, if the glow bar cycles off and on, but there is no gas released, there would have to be a mechanical failure in the valve body, and you'll need to replace the gas valve.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply