Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mpotter  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:15:03 AM(UTC)
mpotter

Groups: Registered

I have a squeeking noise when the dryer drum turns or when the blower turns. Hard to tell which component is making the noise. What is the problem and what do I need to fix the problem....or do I just need to lubricate something. Please send link to instructions if possible.

Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model# 110 60982990 Serial# MK0705480

After further investigation, I noticed that the squeeking noise is coming from the motor when I turn it. I blew out all of the lint from the motor and it seems to not squeek as frequently. I get periods of squeeking and times where the dryer is quite. Is there some type of maintainence I can do to the motor to eliminate the squeeking noise?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

adnil  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:20:08 PM(UTC)
adnil

squeeky noise first and last 5 minutes when dryer is running, there is heat in dryer and it is working well except for the squeeky noise when it is turned on. I already vacumn all the dust and lint everywhere in and outside and the air vent and air duct of the dryer but it still squeek. Do I oil the dryer or change the belt? Tell where do I oil the dryer or where do I change the belt. Please give me step by step instructions how do I do these steps.
mpotter  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 12:28:23 PM(UTC)
mpotter

adnil - In my case I had to replace the motor...but I had squeeking all the time and eventually the motor just hummmed and didn't turn at all. I would create a new post with your problem - then a knowledgable technician should respond to you...with some options. In my experience - I would say it could be your motor or the drum bearings? Good Luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply