Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ayetam  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 12:07:12 PM(UTC)
ayetam

Groups: Registered

I've replaced high limit thermostat,thermal cut-off and thermistor but still have a problem. The dryer runs, and when the Fabric Care knob is set to Cotton/Towels high setting the heater will come on for about 1 to 2 minutes, when I turn off and wait 4-5 minutes and push on button the same thing happens the heater will stay on for 1 to 2 minutes.

If the knob is set to any of the other 3 heat settings there is no heat.

I've spent time way too much time "tinkering", I'm hoping that from the symptoms someone can give me the fix.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ayetam  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
ayetam

Groups: Registered

I'm hopeful that the test results as shown for the Fabric Care Switch are understood and will shed some light toward solving my dryer problem.:o

Orange #1 Violet #2 Tan #3
---- ---- ----

White #4 White #5
---- ----

The above wire colors and numbers represent the Fabric Care Temperature 5 pronged switch on my Kenmore Electric Dryer Model # 110 63952 101.

The ‘Continuity Test’ (continuity is indicated as a closed circuit) shown on Service Technicians Sheet # 5 for this model (there are shts. 1 thru 8)

(Tester: Sperry Pocket-Pro DM-2A)
Ref. contact contin. with Pins 1 and 2 to Pin 4 (White).
( Results 2 to 5 (White) test closed, 1 to 4(White) and 1 to 5(White) test open )

Reference contact contin. with Pin 3 to Pin 5 (White)…result test open.

There is shown a Fabric Care Switch Table which is copied below.

Switch Contacts Function
Position 3-5 2-4 1-4

9 o’clock O O O No Heat (OK)

10 o’clock O O X Extra Low (OK)

12 o’clock O X O Medium ( X at 2-5 and not 2-4 )

2 o’clock O X X Medium Hi ( X at 2-5 and not 2-4 )

3 o’clock X O O High (OK)

( O = Open, X = Closed )

On complyince with the Table it appears that the only variance is switching the white wire 5 with white wire 4 which should be ok?

Assuming that pins 4 and 5 being both white are interchangeable, it appears that the Reference contact contin. is missing between pin 1 to white and pin 3 to white.

Would the above test results indicate that the Fabric Care Temperature Switch needs to be replaced and if so it should solve the “no heat” problem at various settings, plus the heat coils shutting off after a short time when High temp setting is selected.

A quick response would be very much appreciated, thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply