Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
debmul  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 4:31:08 PM(UTC)
debmul

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Legacy dryer has problems! It first took two cycles on the sensor cycle and the clothes were dry. This happened two times, but the second time, the dryer wouldn't come back on without sitting for a while. I tried the timed cycle instead of the sensor cycle and the dryer stopped (clothes still damp) with about 20 min. left in the cycle. Inside, the door of the dryer was wet. Once again, after letting the dryer sit for a while, it would come back on and dried the clothes. This time, they were too dry and were hard (jeans). I've gone through this cycle several times with the same results. (Need the use of the dryer desperately!)

I've checked the outside vent and air was blowing through it, but I'm not sure if it was a normal amount. The screen is clean, but there is some residue below the screen area, but not a large amount.

I have owned this Maytag set for about 6 years. The washer has had problems as well. From what I've read on this and other sites, this series of washer/dryers have a lot of issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.