Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denjen95  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:59:07 AM(UTC)
denjen95

Groups: Registered

I start the dryer and after about 10 or 15 min. it shuts off I thought at first a towel or clothing was hitting door but not the case its warm when i open :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:53:01 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KENMORE 11067422600 | AppliancePartsPros.com

The Sears parts site should have a parts breakdown.

You have to catch it when it shuts off and try to restart it right away.

If you have to wait before you can restart it then probably the motor is overheating.
The motor overheats and trips it's internal thermal protect. Then you have to wait till the motor cools down and the thermal protect resets before you can restart it.

If this is the case try rotating the drum by hand. It should turn fairly easily. If not then perhaps the drum is putting too mush load on the motor. You may want to try this on a couple other units to get a feel for it.

Check/clean the motor, the blower wheel and the vent system.

If there is a seal between the motor and the blower check that it is OK. Could be that hot air is being blown back onto the motor.

Could also check this by running the unit on air only. Check that there is no heat. If it still shuts off then drum drag or a failing motor is the probable cause.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I thought at first a towel or clothing was hitting door but not the case its warm when i open.[/COLOR]
Not sure how this eliminates the door switch as the contents would be warm if the door switch was tripped by a towel etc.
Run it empty to eliminate this as a cause.
Even this would not eliminate tha door switch 100% as vibration may be tripping it.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply