Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
squarecookie  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:52:19 AM(UTC)
squarecookie

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer model MDG5500. When turned ON after not being used for at least 15 minutes, the dryer tumbles and begins to heat up in either the sensor dry mode or the wrinkle release mode. When in the sensor mode, sometimes it seems to dry the load normally. But most of the time, after initially heating up, I return to find the dryer tumbling the clothes but it is cold inside and the clothes are very damp. If I restart the cycle or switch to wrinkle release, I still get no heat. If I turn the dryer OFF for at least 15 minutes or longer and then restart, I get heat for a short time, but then no heat thereafter. I have good air flow to the outside vent, have vacuumed thoroughly the lint trap, vent, and behind the dryer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:46:20 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

it is most likely the coils on the gas valve getting weak. replace them both, and that should do it. it is a cheap, and easy repair. tom
laloct  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 11:27:47 AM(UTC)
laloct

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
it is most likely the coils on the gas valve getting weak. replace them both, and that should do it. it is a cheap, and easy repair. tom

i have maytag gas drier mdg4658aww. when power is switched on, the motor does not move. it seems the power is there in control board but beyond that there is no movement. gas exhaust duct has been cleaned. is it because of fuse is tripped or any other problem? is entire control board has to be replaced?
squarecookie  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:50:36 AM(UTC)
squarecookie

Update: New coils installed and the dryer is staying hot through the entire cycle. Finally, dry clothes. Goodbye, clothesline. Thank you!! Hardest part of the job was figuring out how to get inside the dryer to access the coils (removed door, then pulled back front panel).
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 3:39:21 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Good Job, that is the way to save the cash. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
bx5000  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:26:05 AM(UTC)
bx5000

Hello,

Where are the coils on the parts diagram for the MDG4658AWW? My dryer recently stopped heating up as well. I have taken the front panel off, pretty easy job.

Thanks,
John
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply