Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luisortega  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:44:05 PM(UTC)
luisortega

Groups: Registered

About three weeks ago our dryer died. I ran through the tech sheet and replaced the machine control electronics. Since then, it's been very erratic about whether or not it will work. Sometimes it will turn on, other times it won't. Sometimes I can get into diagnostic mode, other times I get nothing. If I take it apart and play around with it long enough I can always get it to respond in some way and it does work occasionally but not consistently. Today I've noticed I can get it to run but it will cycle through the temperatures as it's running, sometimes it cycles quickly, sometimes slowly. When it does this I can hear the heating element cycle on and off as it hits the "air only" setting.

Since the machine control electronics were just replaced and and it does respond sometimes, my thinking is that the ribbon cables are shorting out and need to be replaced next. Is it worth trying or is it time to call in a professional?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.