Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JSSiemens  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:28:44 PM(UTC)
JSSiemens

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool drier finally gave up the ghost...normally I have a display and can troubleshoot a bad thermostat or thermister (they have both gone out over the years). But today there is absolutely nothing (except the light inside the drum). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JSSiemens  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:52:39 PM(UTC)
JSSiemens

Groups: Registered

Thank you Charlie; you called it right; good catch. My wife and I have discussing just where all the water was coming from in our Duet drier; you came up with the right answer. We live in norhern Illinois and the dew points have been incredible the past few weeks. It is over 100 degrees some days and I am driving though fog for the morning commute! This drier is obviously taking in large amounts of outside air which is condensing in the drier which is probably around 60 degrees ambient. I would reach my hand in to pull out some lint and it was a wet mess; more water than lint. I will add one thing though, I find that if I do not remove the blower wheel cover and clean in that area, I will burn out thermal fuses. THe wheel fills up with lint and the right angle turn on the duct does the same. The unit is running right now and I am using its heat to dry the system out. Now to attack that leaking exhaust damper. Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply