Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
techman_hou  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:56:12 PM(UTC)
techman_hou

Groups: Registered

How do I know if burner flames are excessive? How do I determine if limiter (brass jet) is worn?
Nat gas
-Just replaced solenoid coils.

-Burner inspection reveals an in-tact burner other than slight surface rust on rounded orfice and the rectangular end tip is clean and in-tact with no rust.

-Flames are visible slightly flickering outside of combustion cone and up into inlet duct/flue on rear interior panel of dryer.

If flames are excessive, is there an adjustment for the air flow inlet or gas valve? If so CCW or CW?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

techman_hou  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:23:26 PM(UTC)
techman_hou

Ok,

I believe the flames should be blue and not red-yellow.

A replacement "burner" part # is
33002793. It appears to be ok, but I might as well replace it since it does have some surface rust from use.

The "main burner" part # 305860 or 305861 (what I consider the "orfice") seems to be no longer available. Is this correct?

Would I need to order a Gas Conversion Kit to get the correct "main burner"? If so which one? The descriptions are not 100% clear on whether it is N>LP or LP>N.

Then also there is a "Limiter, Vent," p # 53-2615 which is shown on the parts diagram as well.

Any help in identifying the correct part would be helpful.
techman_hou  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:23:14 PM(UTC)
techman_hou

OK...after going through the dryer and supply line, I found some faulty seams in the flexible gas line. To resolve this I dissasembled the gas line and plumbing stack on dryer, replaced flexible gas line and used teflon paste on the normal plumbing connections of the stack (not the flexible gas line compression fittings) and the flames are no longer significantly yellow, but still a little more forcefull than I would suspect as normal.

Also, I made a homemade manometer (to check gas line pressure) and found it was 30-50% higher than ideal. Checked it several times over several days to get a base line. I believe the increased gas pressure would explain the percieved forcefullness of the flame. On that note I might need to have gas company come check the gas meter as it is probably 30 years old and the regulator on it may not be performing within tolerance anymore.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply