Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
javvy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 6:26:54 PM(UTC)
javvy

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys,

I have a Roper dryer model number RES7646KQ2. The problem I have is that the dryer drum does not turn. If I turn it manually it turns but with some effort. Before it would turn with little bit of effort. I ripped open the back side took the filter housing out but I don't see any belt broken or fallen inside. I feel the belt around the drum snuggely wrapped around the drum. Any help on how to diagnose the problem would be much appreciated:) .

Also if I need a to replace the belt, then please supply me with the part number and some instruction link on how to get to it. I have opened the back panel and all but don't seam to get and access point to the belt from behind :mad: .

Appreciate all your help.

Thank You
Javvy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:10:26 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Javvy. You will need to disconnect the power to the unit. Then remove the lint filter from the top of the unit. Remove the two screws under the lint filter and release the tabs under the front corners and raise the top of the machine. Once the top is raised, you will need to unplug the door switch, and remove the two screws inside the front panel. Pull the panel forward and lift it off the machine. Once removed, you will want to remove the belt from the motor and idler pulleys. Then you will need to remove the drum from the unit. Check and see if the rollers on the unit are bad. If so, you will need to replace the rollers. If the belt is burnt, you will want to replace that as well. Hope this helps.
Part number: AP3098345
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply