Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JAY CORTEZ  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 2:04:24 PM(UTC)
JAY CORTEZ

Groups: Registered

ok well maybe i did mess up here. i got a dryer from a friend of mine and well when moved it to my second floor apt i think i may have dislodged something. it would run but with no heat. well i started to think that i am Mr. Fixit, and started to take it apart(before i found this website) well after reading several posts and replies, i found out how to actually open the top. well when i took out the 4 screws from the back then couldnt get them back in. ( i did unplug it before i started anything) i went to plug it back in and then turned it on and heard metal to metal like a spring being wound. so i turned it off and unplugged it. then i found that there was a connection loose, after i took off the top. now that i was able to realeign the holes for the 4 screws on the back, which i know now was the cover for the element, i think. when i turn it back on i get the same metal to metal and sounds like a coil or spring is winding. have i just totally screwed this up? should i just start over with a new one, or call someone to help me? or can someone here help me?
thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.