Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pvanv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:55:59 AM(UTC)
pvanv

Groups: Registered
Views messages in topic : 12

The dryer wasn't drying. Running and blowing, but no heat. The ducts are clear. Ran cycle with duct disconnected; I can hear clack of solenoid when I set temp switch from fluff to low heat. Several seconds later hear the gas come on/ignite. heats. Then clicks off (apparently because thermostat is satisfied), then does not come on again. If I repeat from start of cycle, same brief heating. This happens both on Timed dry and on Auto dry, so is likely not control stat or selector switch related.

Thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pvanv  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:38:01 AM(UTC)
pvanv

Would it be more likely to have a bad coil or a bad hi limit stat? Since it does fire initially, the ignitor is not my prime suspect.
pvanv  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 2:46:33 AM(UTC)
pvanv

Since this is Intermittent, what would be the best way to test... aside from just changing out some parts, re-testing, and then swapping more parts? I hate to be a parts swapper. Plus, this unit appears to have 3 coils (per the Frigidaire/Electrolux parts list): the Booster coil, Secondary coil, and the Holding coil. So it appears that the generic Applianceparts 2-coil set would not be the correct parts.
gabe_1981  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 7:56:58 AM(UTC)
gabe_1981

Groups: Senior Expert

Here are the coils for the model number you posted ... And the coils being the most common part to fail it would be good to change them out.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage [/URL]Different views available:
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage Coil Kit (gas Valve) - 2 Coils - This popular, newer style coil kit fits most dryers with two-coil gas valve. Brands include Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, Admiral, Crosley, Frigidaire, Estate, Amana, Kitchen Aid, GE, Hotpoint, Roper, White Westinghouse, Sears and others.

Part Number: AP2150379
Made by Frigidaire UserPostedImage
Original Frigidaire Part

Electrolux brands include Electrolux, Frigidaire, Gibson, Kelvinator, Westinghouse, and others. Electrolux also makes various appliance models for Sears / Kenmore
UserPostedImage Our Price: $27.24
Reg. retail: $33.49
You Save: $6.25
UserPostedImage In Stock
Order now and it will ship Today
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage Quantity

UserPostedImage

Read more: Part Details - FRIGIDAIRE Coil Kit (gas Valve) - 2 Coils, part number: AP2150379
[url=http://www.appliancepartspros.com]Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts – Appliance Repair Parts
doglover777  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:23:34 PM(UTC)
doglover777

I followed this advice and fixed it myself. I am a 54 year old woman who isn't exactly handy but this was a cinch and now my dryer works perfectly. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by: gabe_1981 Go to Quoted Post
Here are the coils for the model number you posted ... And the coils being the most common part to fail it would be good to change them out.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage Different views available:
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage Coil Kit (gas Valve) - 2 Coils - This popular, newer style coil kit fits most dryers with two-coil gas valve. Brands include Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, Admiral, Crosley, Frigidaire, Estate, Amana, Kitchen Aid, GE, Hotpoint, Roper, White Westinghouse, Sears and others.

Part Number: AP2150379
Made by Frigidaire UserPostedImage
Original Frigidaire Part

Electrolux brands include Electrolux, Frigidaire, Gibson, Kelvinator, Westinghouse, and others. Electrolux also makes various appliance models for Sears / Kenmore
UserPostedImage Our Price: $27.24
Reg. retail: $33.49
You Save: $6.25
UserPostedImage In Stock
Order now and it will ship Today
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage Quantity

UserPostedImage

pvanv  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 3:10:39 AM(UTC)
pvanv

The parts arrived timely, and fixed the issue. How odd that these "modern" coils have such short lives!

While working on this unit, I also removed an unusually large accumulation of lint from the front of the machine. The airflow was still good, but the [poor] design allowed the build-up. Now it will be an annual chore to disassemble the front plastic lint guard and vacuum/pull out lint.

Also found a missing "blank" where the optional light would have gone. That allowed air to come and go from the front of the drum, so I made a new one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply