Discuss

Dryer Belt Diagrams

in

Dryer Repair

. "

What the heck does this message have to do with appliance repair ?

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Dryer Belt Diagrams

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 PM

thorning is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

What the heck does this message have to do with appliance repair ?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 AM

TommyK is on a distinguished road
Default Yeah, but how do I INSTALL it?

Is there a trick to getting the tension arm pulled back so I can wrap it around all pullies/drum correctly.

The last time I did it, it was B-E-A-R. How do the pros do it without cursing Frigidaire and leaving a pound of knuckle flesh in the cabinet?

Mine's a Frigidaire with the pulley wa-a-a-ay in the back. FEZ831AS1

I also need to know how and with what to lube the drum bearing.

Last edited by TommyK : 07-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyK View Post
Is there a trick to getting the tension arm pulled back so I can wrap it around all pullies/drum correctly.

The last time I did it, it was B-E-A-R. How do the pros do it without cursing Frigidaire and leaving a pound of knuckle flesh in the cabinet?

Mine's a Frigidaire with the pulley wa-a-a-ay in the back. FEZ831AS1

I also need to know how and with what to lube the drum bearing.
There is no easy way to get the belt on with a lot of models unless it is open at the back end. I usually try to get them on with no shirt sleeves to get tangled up and I still have trouble on some models.
I have never used any lube on the idler pulley as most of them are self lubing . If you need a diagram of the belt routing there is a nice diagram on the web . Use Google and you can find it for many different brands and models.
Are you sure you have the correct length belt ? Best to compare the new one if you are replacing it to the old one. Good luck . Sometimes it takes me 15 or 20 minutes with a lot of cussing to do it.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:47 AM

TommyK is on a distinguished road
Default As luck would have it.

There is a access door at the back. Woot! Thanks Frigidaire!

The 'knuckle buster' I was thinking of must have been a previous dryer.

The bearing I need to grease is the ball bearing at the center axle of the drum. Would 'high temp' automobile wheel bearing grease be good to use? I hate to experiment too much, as I don't want it to be not 'high temp' enough, liquify, run down and into the element, thus smoking up the place, or worse, catch fire.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyK View Post
There is a access door at the back. Woot! Thanks Frigidaire!

The 'knuckle buster' I was thinking of must have been a previous dryer.

The bearing I need to grease is the ball bearing at the center axle of the drum. Would 'high temp' automobile wheel bearing grease be good to use? I hate to experiment too much, as I don't want it to be not 'high temp' enough, liquify, run down and into the element, thus smoking up the place, or worse, catch fire.
TO MY KNOWLEDGE THESE ARE SEALED BEARINGS AND NO LUBE CAN BE ADDED. IF YOUR BEARING IS ROUGH OR NOISY IT WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.