Discuss

Dryer Belt Diagrams

in

Dryer Repair

. "

This does not seem to be the same belt diagram for my Amana DLE330RAW dryer. Here is a photo of

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Dryer Belt Diagrams

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Adam Boca is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

This does not seem to be the same belt diagram for my Amana DLE330RAW dryer. Here is a photo of what I have:

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM

JohnB316 is on a distinguished road
Question Question about Idler Pulley

I am in the process of replacing a dryer belt on a 29" Whirlpool dryer. The diagram is very helpful, but I do have a question about the idler pulley. Is the idler pulley supposed to lock down into the bottom of the machine, or is the front lip on the bottom just supposed to go into the bottom of the machine and then tension on the belt keeps the pulley in place? The model of dryer I am working on is an LG5811XP, if that makes any difference. Thanks very much for your help.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

ApplianceJunk is on a distinguished road

I would guess you have found the answer by now, but for future references...

Quote:
or is the front lip on the bottom just supposed to go into the bottom of the machine and then tension on the belt keeps the pulley in place?
Yes the tension on the belt keeps the pulley in place.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM

MarkHanis321 is on a distinguished road

Good to know about the installation of the Belt as it is a technical work but i have a dryer which is very old and operates well but sometimes its belts loses or does run well round the pulley. Can you help me Plz?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM

CircoTribe is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for posting those diagrams! My husband has been working on extracting some noise makers that were sent down the lint trap chute. The last time I saw the collection, there were 8 sockets from a socket set! We have some interesting children... I guess he took the belt off the drum. While he was extracting those pieces, a penny dropped into the motor. He must have taken that out too. Poor guy! After disconnecting everything, he had that dryer upside and sideways, and if it were possible, he would have had it inside-out!

Maybe now I can get back to my laundry...

Thank you for having these diagrams all in one place! Now I have to determine is who made my 1988 Kenmore Gas Dryer!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM

SASSYSUE777 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thx A Mil!

I Think Those Diagrams Will Come In Handy. Thank You!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 AM

thorning is on a distinguished road

I just finished installing a new heating element restring kit in an older GE electric dryer and a new rear tub support bearing kit. For those of you who are going to attempt this repair it is suggested you take a couple of pictures or make a very good diagram of the layout of the parts before starting. The restring kit takes a lot of patience to install. The rear bearing kit almost takes two people to do it as the screws for the inner part of the kit go in from the tub open end while the bearing stub must be held in place from the opposite side. Unless you have very long arms it is almost impossible to do this by yourself. Also to remove some of the screws from the old parts during teardown I used a hand held impact driver as the Phillips head screws are often seized up from long years of heat. Also be very carefull about the length of the screws furnished with the kits. Some are longer and will interfere with the rotating part of the drum when reassembled. The front bearing support is really not a bearing but more of a plastic support part for the 4 slipper strips . If the slipper/glide strips are worn out the support part is also worn quite a bit but installation of these can usually be done using some JB epoxy but it must cure for several hours before using the part. Lastly the belt installtion can be a bear since it has to be done w/o being able to see it well. Wear a long sleeve shirt to keep from cutting your arms while putiing it back on the motor and idler pulleys. Now go have a beer !
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM

thorning is on a distinguished road

Why are you wasting this space on your useless drivel ? Spend your time more on useful efforts relating to appliances
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 AM

rodikaenderson is on a distinguished road

The belt dyagrams were great, Does anyone have a diagram for replacing a belt on a Roper dryer?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 AM

Appliance Ninja is on a distinguished road

The Roper dryer is made by Whirlpool and the first Whirlpool picture will be the same.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.