Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sailmaker48  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:36:04 PM(UTC)
Sailmaker48

Groups: Registered

The dryer would light off initially, then no more. I read the resistance on the coils, which were outside the required range, so replaced them with new coils that tested correctly. Now, the dryer will not light at all. I'm told the gas lighting circuit is wired in series, so if the igniter does light off everything within that circuit is operating as designed. So, if the igniter worked with the older coils and the new coils won't allow it to heat up, does that mean the gas valve is somehow messed up? Or what do you think? Any ideas gleefully received...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Sailmaker48  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:41:26 PM(UTC)
Sailmaker48

Groups: Registered

I never located the problem, but I fixed it.:)
After I put the new coils on and it wouldn't light due to the igniter not heating up, I decided to use jumper wires to bypass each separate part in the circuit. I removed each wire from its spade and then pushed it back on to ensure I wouldn't have any difficulties using the jumpers when the time came.
Just for the hell of it I tried to light it off one more time, and guess what? It worked flawlessly. Now, I know each wire was on the right connector, and I didn't jar any of them during all of this, so it had to be one of them that wasn't making the connection to complete the circuit.
So, before you go off the deep end, remove and replace your wires to ensure a good connection before you make any other decisions.:cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply