Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moeman12  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:46:23 PM(UTC)
moeman12

Groups: Registered

My Whirpool Duet Gas Dryer 9200lw1 is acting a little funny. A month ago, was the first time the problem occured. Dryer completed drying a load. I put another load in, pushed Start, LEDs on, selected cycle and tried to adjust drying level and time but nothing registered. Pushed Pause/Cancel and nothing happened, when I spun the function dial, it would change cycles but you could not adjust anything else. Also, machine would not start the cycle selected. I tried unplugging and plugging back in. That didn't work. So i gave up and came back in 2 hours. Machine worked fine. It's been working fine for a month, but the same problem came back today.

I called Whirpool. They said it sounds like a control panel problem. Machine is out of warrranty, so they recommended a repair tech. I haven't called a tech yet. If the problem is a faulty control panel, can I repair it myself?

Thank you,
Maurice
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:09:28 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model GGW9200LW1

Here is the tech sheet
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208541834.pdf

And last but not least the service manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...cb5382285256aa20064beaa/$FILE/Duetdry.pdf

You may be able to narrow it down using diagnostics.

Next would be to open it up and check all the connections to the board.
Check that the wires going into the plugs are properly seated sometimes they can become loose and back out. Also check that the pins in the plugs are properly crimped.
Would not hurt to clean them with electronics cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be sure to let all the solvent evaporate before reconnecting.

Could be a bad solder joint on the control board.
Check it with a magnifying glass. Sometimes you can see it is cracked or has pin holes or is a dull gray color instead of shiny silver.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
moeman12  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:21:59 PM(UTC)
moeman12

Denman,

Thanks for the manuals. This afternoon I removed the lint trap cage and discovered lint stuck between the two blades of the underside of moisture sensor, where the connectors are attached. Could this be the culprit? Maybe the lint says wet and completes the circuit. Although the dryer usually stops when the load is dry, never over drying.

I'll try the diagnostics this weekend, if removing the lint does not work.

Thank You,

Maurice
mrsg32401  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:29:20 PM(UTC)
mrsg32401

Sounds like the same problem I'm having with mine. I replaced the control & power cube on mine. It seems to be the console electronics. It won't go off of delicate cycle which won't allow me to adjust any other controls.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply