Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lasik  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 6:06:32 PM(UTC)
lasik

Groups: Registered

I have Whirlpool gas dryer LGR4634JQ0 and flame goes off in about a minute or so. It blows cold air for a while, then it ignites again for a minute or so and the flame goes off again. We replaced coils but it didn't help. Thermal fuse is good. Disconnected the vent and ran it without vent. Still the same problem. Any ideas what else could be causing this? Maybe flame sensor?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:52:44 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lasik Go to Quoted Post
I have Whirlpool gas dryer LGR4634JQ0 and flame goes off in about a minute or so. It blows cold air for a while, then it ignites again for a minute or so and the flame goes off again. We replaced coils but it didn't help. Thermal fuse is good. Disconnected the vent and ran it without vent. Still the same problem. Any ideas what else could be causing this? Maybe flame sensor?

Lasik,

It could be a flame sensor, but thats not likely. What condition is the exhaust venting pipe, if it was clogged, kinked, etc, you could have a weak hi limit thermostat.

If you're checking the burner without a load, a 1 minute burn time, is pretty close to proper. You should be checking the exhaust temperature with a thermometer ( regular temp. should average 155 dgrs.) after a few cycles of the burner, if the cycle temp is drastically lower, suspect a weak hi limit switch, If the temp is 10 to 15 degrees lower, suspect a bad regulating thermostat. also check and make sure the igniter has a orange glow to it when the flame is on, that's how the resistance is maintained and the valve coils stay open to provide the flame.

:) :) :)
lasik  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:54:38 PM(UTC)
lasik

I replaced hi limit switch, regulating thermostat and a flame sensor. Nothing helped. Any other suggestions? :)
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:45:48 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I replaced hi limit switch, regulating thermostat and a flame sensor. Nothing helped. Any other suggestions? :)

Lasik,

The only other thing I can think of, and it's a stretch, is a clog, or air leak in the lint filter chute or blower assembly.

Otherwise, I'm lost, without an exhaust temperature.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
lasik  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:55:56 PM(UTC)
lasik

I noticed that lint filter doesn't get covered with lint(normally it used to be covered fully with lint after drying cycle). And my exhaust line is assembled out of two flex lines . Could the air leak in between cause the problem?
lasik  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:19:49 PM(UTC)
lasik

I'm not sure how much is exhaust temperature but its low enough cause I can hold the flex with my bare hands.
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 1:57:26 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I'm not sure how much is exhaust temperature but its low enough cause I can hold the flex with my bare hands.

Lasik,

If you have an air leak where the vents are connected, you need to repair the leak, you'll start dispensing lint all over the place.

If your lint filter is not collecting the lint from the clothes during the drying process, your not circulating the heated air properly, we're back to a clogged vent or blower wheel problem.

Here's some other information that may help,

It takes to long to dry UserPostedImage Note: Normal drying time for a dryer is about 45 minutes (some may take up to an hour).

1. Venting
Make sure the dryer vent hose, as well as the rest of the vent duct, is not clogged.

Unless regular maintenance is performed, chances are there is a lot of lint accumulated inside the dryer. This might affect the drying time and could be a fire hazard. Make sure to have your dryer cleaned regularly. Because this might involve taking most of the dryer apart, it is recommended to have a qualified appliance repairman perform this task.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

lasik  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:22:01 AM(UTC)
lasik

You are right, it was clogged all the way inside the dryer. Cleaned everything out now it works again. Thank you very much for all your help!
Best wishes,
Lasik
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 5:44:11 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

You are right, it was clogged all the way inside the dryer. Cleaned everything out now it works again. Thank you very much for all your help!
Best wishes,
Lasik

Lasik,

Great job, Had a feeling it was something like that.

Just remember, you should check and clean the complete exhaust system, once or twice a year, to keep your dryer more efficient, the longer the vent length, the more often you need to check it.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply