Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geedeegee  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 7:35:11 AM(UTC)
geedeegee

Groups: Registered

Hello all! I have a model 70 Kenmore gas dryer. It will not heat up. The igniter is glowing but the gas will not ignite. I was wonderIng it any of you know what would be the part that allows gas to flow to the iginitor & is there a way to test it, i.e. a multi tester etc? You will help me make the wife happy it you can help. thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:00:11 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If you want to make your wife happy, replace the coils on the gas valve. Tom
geedeegee  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 4:55:47 AM(UTC)
geedeegee

Thanks great advice!!! I replaced the coils and away it went heating up like my Aunt Gert at a Summer night square dance!!

However, after the wife used it heavily for one day, the next morning we got up and wammo it would not even start. The dryer wouldn't turn, nothing, nada!!! Just a very slight inconsistent buzzing sound (barely audible) from the control box area. Jumped the on switch still nothing, jumped the thermal fuse still nothing, can you make me a hero one more time??? I have four kids and need to get this dryer working!!
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:24:03 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

The thermal fuse that you said you jumped out, is it the white thin one. Also open the door of the dryer and give me a model #. Also, do this first, jump out the door switch. If it is a 2 wire door switch, put the 2 wires together. If it has a molex plug, unplug it and put the bare ends of a wire in the right hole and the left hole leaving the middle alone, and then plug in the dryer, and see if it works. To get to the door switch, pull out the lint filter, and unscrew the two phillip head screws and then pop up the top of the dryer, and you can get to the door switch from there. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
geedeegee  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:32:05 PM(UTC)
geedeegee

Tom I am sending you one of my boys to help around the farm! I can't believe I didn't check the door switch!!! It must have vibrated off of the terminal. The connection was loose, just needed to have the blade connector squeezed with some pliers to tighten it. Thanks man, you are the best. I get to sleep in the house tonight, Woo hoo!!!
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:41:02 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

No howling at the moon for you tonight!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man!!! You can send the boys out this summer to cut the grass for my wife and I. LOL!!!! You made my day. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply