Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jandelhart  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:41:02 PM(UTC)
jandelhart

Groups: Registered

I own a Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model: WED9200SQ- purchased Nov 2007. Two weeks ago it stopped working. *** 3 months after One Year Warranty*** Power on, buttons work, timer starts counting down, but no tumbling, no air, no heat. I am no expert repairman but thought with a little research I might be able to figure this out myself. I found some info online that suggested I check the continuity of the Thermal Fuse and to be sure the vent is clear. Sure enough, vent was partially clogged (which obviously caused increased Heat) and the Thermal Fuse was bad. I replaced the fuse, cleaned the vent, and made sure that flexible vent tubing in the back was operational (not restricted). Yea- Dryer works.... for two days -- (However, Clothes were uncommonly hot after cycle and Dampness feature seemed overly sensitive) Dryer obviously got too hot again and Thermal Fuse did its job but now my dryer is down again. What other components would you suggest checking or replacing?

UPDATE- Found no other problems so I replaced the Thermal Fuse again. Yea, Dryer Runs. Still Clothes are Hot and Dampness feature adds time. Ran 4 loads of laundry and Dryer quit again.

Fan motor is running, I checked all other Thermal components for continuity (Thermal Cut Off, High Limit Thermostat/Thermistor, and the Heater Element) All OK! The only thing that continues to happen is Thermal Fuse blows.

Are there any other Dryer components that could be causing this problem? Is a blocked vent the only option? Inside dyer is completely clean. Dryer Hose from Dryer to wall is completely clean, Wall vent is clean as far as I can see. If this is the ONLY possible answer, my next step is to “snake” the wall vent to the outside.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.