Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rnyland  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 7:37:51 AM(UTC)
rnyland

Groups: Registered

My dryer makes a strange noise when you push the start button. It starts but when it is running it sounds like there is a flat spot as the drum is turning. Every rotation part of the sound gets louder like a roaring sound. Then when you open the door to stop it, as the drum is coming to a stop, there is a dragging or rubbing sound before it stops. We had the dryer apart and checked the blower wheel, the adler pulley and the rollers. They all seem to be O.K. Are the bearings in the motor going bad? Do I need to replace the motor?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rnyland  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 7:41:06 AM(UTC)
rnyland

Groups: Registered

:confused:
Originally Posted by: rnyland Go to Quoted Post
My dryer makes a strange noise when you push the start button. It starts but when it is running it sounds like there is a flat spot as the drum is turning. Every rotation part of the sound gets louder like a roaring sound. Then when you open the door to stop it, as the drum is coming to a stop, there is a dragging or rubbing sound before it stops. We had the dryer apart and checked the blower wheel, the adler pulley and the rollers. They all seem to be O.K. Are the bearings in the motor going bad? Do I need to replace the motor?
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 7:57:20 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rnyland Go to Quoted Post

Rita,

Sounds more like you've got a flat spot on the rollers, or the blower whell has rounded off and the wheel is loose on the motor shaft.
(once you get access to the motor and blower wheel, hold the motor drive pulley, and turn the blower wheel, there should be no movement in the blower wheel, if you can rock the wheel back and forth while holding the motor pulley still, you'll need a new blower wheel,

Part number: AP4294048
Part number: AP4294048

I doubt you'll need a motor , at this point.
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply