Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bronco  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 1:14:55 PM(UTC)
bronco

Groups: Registered

Changed Fuse, Heating element, free of lint, no air restrictions, tripped breaker several times, but it still wont heat. I don't have any way to check for elec current, any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 2:12:17 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

I suspect you replaced the thermal fuse? On the heater box (the thing the element mounts to) there is a thermal cutout on top, and a high limit thermostat on the bottom left. My guess is one of them are bad. If you don't have a way to test your circuit, the only option you have is to bypass each component temporarily by removing both connectors and sliding them together. Then start the dryer. Do this for each one until you find the failed component. If that doesn't find it, then you are going to need a multimeter to do some checks.

Please do not attempt to run the dryer any longer than a brief test with any safety component bypassed from the circuit. Even if you find the failure, DO NOT keep it bypassed to dry clothes until you can get the part. They are there for a reason and I offer this suggestion simply because you don't have a multimeter.
marg  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
marg

this is marg i have the same trouble but i have a tester. With the unit cold both of them should be close right?
the one on bottem is closed and the one on top is open and current will not go thru
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 4:04:34 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Hey Marg, you are correct that both should be closed to allow current to flow. If the one on top (the thermal cutoff) is open, it needs to be replaced.
SublimeMasterJW  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 6:28:52 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Take a look HERE
twilliams01  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:50:14 PM(UTC)
twilliams01

I want to know if u know why my front loader dryer is cycling but not heating? I found the diagnosis book. But it mentions twelve and three oclock positons for the dial knob. It goes allthe way around.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply