Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dan Pearl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 11:30:10 AM(UTC)
Dan Pearl

Groups: Registered

The lint filter has gotten very difficult to insert. If I hold the filter by the handle, then it will likely flex in half before it slides, reluctantly, into the slot.
This is a common filter that fits into the dryer through a small hatch on the right top of the dryer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dan Pearl attached the following image(s):
347661_1_M.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 2:55:11 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

It seems to me your machine is due for disassembly and complete cleaning of lint buildup... Get a pro to do it for you if you're not comfortable taking your dryer apart for thorough vacuuming... You may have to replace the filter if it's warped from bending... Lint can buildup in the slots the filter slides down into causing the restriction.... Good luck!
thorning  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2014 6:54:09 AM(UTC)
thorning

Originally Posted by: kooler Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me your machine is due for disassembly and complete cleaning of lint buildup... Get a pro to do it for you if you're not comfortable taking your dryer apart for thorough vacuuming... You may have to replace the filter if it's warped from bending... Lint can buildup in the slots the filter slides down into causing the restriction.... Good luck!

This may be out of place in terms of time but I ran into almost the same problem this week. This Kenmore Electric dryer Model number 110.86880110 was given to me by a friend with the caution that the lint screen would not go into the chute and the screen was actually bent badly at the RH lower corner . I tried several times to push the lint screen in although it was badly mangled at the corner. With a lot of force I was able to push it in place like the previous owner did . I tried to find an obstruction down inside where the RH edge of the lint screen assembly slides but it is almost impossible to see or feel anything but there is defintely some kind of hard metal obstruction . I started to take the chute assembly off/out of the dryer but it is not easily done. Also this chute assembly is a sheet metal configuration that apparently cannot be taken apart after it is out of the machine since it is spot welded together. I put the chute assembly back in place and bought a used lint screen for this model and tried it but it would also hang up when I tried to put it in place no matter how I angled it or twisted it. As the dryer was in good shape and runs well I wanted to make it work. I then took the lint screen and carefully started cutting a little off the sides of the plastic frame near the bottom . This was cut several times on both the LH and RH edges until it would slide into the chute. The material removed was in the shape of a long narrow triangle. After three successive cuts it would go into the chute. My guess is that there is a bit of sheet metal down inside the chute that over the years vibrated and with repeated removal and reinstalling the screen gradually got in the way. Now it goes into the chute ! If anyone can comment on this problem area and how they were able to fix it I would welcome their comments
shellym  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 9:30:28 AM(UTC)
shellym

Please consider removing all the lint that collects in the dryer. I got to see the inside of the frame of my dryer when we had bearings fixed. Wow with the back/front open you can see lots of lint all over. Looked like a fire hazard to me. So I took a shot vac and sucked all that I could see out.
We had been through a drier fire and I never want that to happen again.
Every 6 months I open and vac just in case.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply