Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reid Carlson  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 7:21:54 AM(UTC)
Reid Carlson

Groups: Registered

We did not get an operators manual for the above dryer. I'm just guessing it is something to do with he moisture sensor, but I don't know for sure. Sometimes the dryer works fine and sometimes we can't get it to run. We fiddle with it for awhile and nothing happens (no time display or panel lights. We come back later and fiddle with it and it starts working. It happens so often now that it is very annoying.

The dryer is connected with a 3-wire system and the wall plug always shows power is present.

Do you have any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 1:25:23 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reid Carlson Go to Quoted Post
We did not get an operators manual for the above dryer. I'm just guessing it is something to do with he moisture sensor, but I don't know for sure. Sometimes the dryer works fine and sometimes we can't get it to run. We fiddle with it for awhile and nothing happens (no time display or panel lights. We come back later and fiddle with it and it starts working. It happens so often now that it is very annoying.

The dryer is connected with a 3-wire system and the wall plug always shows power is present.

Do you have any suggestions?

Reid,

First, here's a copy of the User's Guide from our APP Parts Order screen for your unit.

http://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%208314840.pdf

Your moisture sensor circuit, has little to nothing to do with the start circuit of the dryer.
First thing to check is the door catch, strike and door switch for operation, make sure the door snaps and locks closed when you close the door, and check and listen to the switch"click" when you press and release the actuator lever in the top area of the door/front panel.

Check and make sure the line cord connections on the dryer terminal block are all good and tight(unplug the power cord first).

At that point, we'd have to presume you have a problem with the control panel key pad assembly, and or the control board.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply