Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bumhunter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:17:44 PM(UTC)
bumhunter

Groups: Registered

I have a Kennmore gas dryer model # 110.73022100, I did not want to post such a common post but I has tried every thing I have read on this forum so far. I am out of options without your help then it's a call to the repair man.I started off checking the air flow, the ducts were clean and unrestricted then, I figured out my thermal fuse was bad so I replaced the fuse and now my ignitor comes on for about a minute to a minute and a half. My dryer still will not heat up so I check my flame sensor for Continuity flame sensor is good I also replaced both coils thinking they could be bad. The ignitor,flame sensor,coils, " other sensor on yop of the flame duct all get 120v. I still no flame or gas any ideas? P.S. Gas valve is on and gas is comming to gas valve in the dryer.

Thanks
Brendan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:17:12 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

if the ignitor comes on, and you replaced the coils on the gas valve, and still no gas, it is either, you did not pay the gas bill, or the gas valve is bad itself, and needs to be replaced. tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
bumhunter  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 3:43:23 PM(UTC)
bumhunter

Groups: Registered

I had the Repair guy come out Friday and he replace the flame sensor dryer works fine now. But I am confiesed, I had checked continuity between the two contacts and got a spific resistance. I am a eceltrician by day so is the flame senser a normally open contact and when it fails it closes?
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:37:06 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

That is why, I as a service tech, don't always trusst my meter. I just start jumping things out. Everything you said pointed to the gas valve. I agree, if it fails it should be open contacts electrically. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply