Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCL201  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:15:33 PM(UTC)
DCL201

Groups: Registered

Hi,
we have a Whirlpool Dryer running without heat. All control switches seems to be working but it just runs without heat. We have this Dryer for about 10-11 years. I have read some of the your tips regarding a gas dryer without heat and could be a problem with the Gas valve coils, THermal fuse, Igniter, or Flame sensor. But When I opened the backup of the dryer, all I see is the wires connected from the control swites but none of the 4 possible defected components can be seen. I searched this particular model LGR8857EQ1 and saw a few diagrams. Unfortunately those diagrams layout all the parts with numbers and no description of which part is which. With my weak knowledge of applicance, I need some help on locating the defected part and even better if i can get some step-by-stop troubleshooting guidance.
Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks.
DCL
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 4:04:58 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

The first thing I would check is the thermal fuse in the back. It is the white part, that is about an inch and a half long, by a half inch wide. It has 2 wires going to it. It is held in place by one screw. Of Course the dryer is unplugged while we are doing this. Take the 2 wires off the thermal fuse, and put the 2 wires ends that you took of the fuse together, and then put some tape around it, so they stay together, and they don't hit metal. Then plug the dryer in and give it a try. If it works, DO NOT USE the dryer with the switch jumped out. This is for testing ONLY!!! If it works, replace the fuse, if not, you need to let us know if the ignitor comes on, or not. Also, let us know if you have a meter. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
DCL201  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 7:09:02 PM(UTC)
DCL201

Hi Tom,
Thanks for helping.
Here's what I have done. I identified the thermal fuse as you have suggested. I took the two wires off and measured the thermal fuse with my digital ohm meter. There is no continuity. I also connected the two wire together and tried. It worked, with heat! Please help us double check if AP3132867 is the correct part number of this specific thermal fuse I need to purchase.
Thanks again.
DCL
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:48:20 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

The part # is 3392519. Good Job!!!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
DCL201  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:15:42 PM(UTC)
DCL201

Thanks Tom,
part replaced and is working.
Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply