Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
karen d covell  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 1:24:47 PM(UTC)
karen d covell

Groups: Registered

my dryer was repaired 8 months ago and is now making the same noise again, a knocking squeaking noise. the part that the repair man put on was 12001541, he put them on and it only lasted 2-3 weeks, he came back and fixed it again and has only lasted 8 months. i would like to know if this is normal and can we fix this ourselves. thank you karen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

karen d covell  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 1:34:25 PM(UTC)
karen d covell

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: karen d covell Go to Quoted Post
my dryer was repaired 8 months ago and is now making the same noise again, a knocking squeaking noise. the part that the repair man put on was 12001541, he put them on and it only lasted 2-3 weeks, he came back and fixed it again and has only lasted 8 months. i would like to know if this is normal and can we fix this ourselves. thank you karen

my dryer was fixed about 8 months ago and the repair man had to come back 2-3 weeks later to fix it again, i'ts making a knocking squeaky noise he replaced part no 12001541. it is now making the same noise again, would like to know if this is normal , and can we fix it ourselves. thank you please reply
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:13:54 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

did he just replace 1 of them? there are two of them back there, and there also is an idler pully wheel, that the belt wraps around. the best thing to do if you are going in there is to replace the 2 rollers, the idler pully , and the belt, and you will be good for another 7 or 8 years. the rollers are 12001541, the belt is 33002535, and the idler pully wheel is 33001783. take your time, and you can do it. tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply