Discuss

bosch dryer will not start

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I bought a used Bosch Nexxt dryer about 2 months ago. After several weeks it occasionally would not start after

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » bosch dryer will not start

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM

tomok is on a distinguished road
Default bosch dryer will not start
Brand: Bosch   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I bought a used Bosch Nexxt dryer about 2 months ago.
After several weeks it occasionally would not start after the lint light went out. It would always work after a while fooling arround with door, start button, moving setting dial, etc.
I checked ....door switch, setting dial, start switch,
rotated drum while holding door switch in.....nothing.
My intermittent problem seems now to be permanent.
Any suggestions. Dryer seems to have had service before as plastic is cracked around front pannel screws.
Thanks

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 PM

Default start button

I have traced the problem to the microswitch start button.
This is the tiny button in the control pannel.
I guess the whole pannel has to be replaced?
Any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 AM

Default no help???

This is the first time I have posted to a forum where I have had no replys at all.
Does anybody have an idea as to what is the easiest way to replace the start button and where can I order a part or control pannel.
Doing a google on the model# gave me no help and over 1000 pages of more no help.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 PM

spurcell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomok View Post
This is the first time I have posted to a forum where I have had no replys at all.
Does anybody have an idea as to what is the easiest way to replace the start button and where can I order a part or control pannel.
Doing a google on the model# gave me no help and over 1000 pages of more no help.
Thanks
Hello Tomok, I have encountered a problem that sounds the same as yours. I have just ordered a new control module, on the recommendation of the local applicance repairman. The next day he gave me an estimate of $500 to fix the problem, so I got my screwdriver out and exposed the control module, then ordered a new one. I will let you know if this solves the problem...did you have any luck?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 AM

I was able to trace my problem to the micro switch on the control board. I could see that someone else had played with it.
The button was not making good contact with the micro switch/button and this was the problem. A little dab of hotmelt glue helps the outside button now make proper contact so for almost a year it is running well.
The cost of new PC boards are rediculous and you might want to search. I found a reconditioned one at half the price for my refrigerator. Seems to work well enough and came with same guarantee as new.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM

spurcell is on a distinguished road

Contact between the switch and board! Brilliant. I will take a look at that situation and see if I can get by with a little dab of hotmelt as well. Thank you very much. If that's it, I can always send back the control module. If not, at least I've still saved some money. Thanks again.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.