Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trouts2  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:11:04 AM(UTC)
trouts2

Groups: Registered

The machine:
On the outside is 131066300
On the inside is 131284600B
A net posting I found said a 131066300 was a model FDG336LBS0.

The Frigidaire site would not recognize the above part numbers. I wrote to Frigidaire and they said there were no drawings or manuals available for my machine.

On the net I found the following drawings which seem to match my machine. The view of the top console has a start buttong and timer but the drawing does not show the heating level control dial but other than that the internals I think match mine.

FDG336LBS0

The problem is typical - it has electricity, gas, starts and runs ok with heat but after a while heat drops out.

I took the cover off and found no obstructions from dirt, dust or lint. The blower pipe was clear with a few pieces of dust or lint but very open.

The vent under the lint catcher is clear. It had quite a bit of lint on the sides which I cleaned up but there was plenty of room for air - unrestricted and capable of good flow.

The ductwork out from the dryer seems clear but I removed that so the back of the machine for the moment is not connected to the ductwork but dumps air into the cellar. Looking in there is clear. There was a little lint in there but I cleaned it up. It was only a small amount and the pipe very clear. I can see back along the length of the pipe and to the bend around to the blower. It's very open.

I took off the back cover and there was dust in there but no buildup.

I vaccumed the machine so there is no dust, dirt or lint anywhere. I tried the operation a few times and it's the same. It heats for a while then shuts off.

I have looked at a few sites that give some suggestions for going around with an ohm meter and getting some resistance and voltage readings. I don't think that will work because my machine seems to work like it should at first, at least for a few minutes. I think I'll get good readings.

EDIT UPDATE: I should add the thing for fine for years. The tenant had it free run one day for hours and it started behaving like this after that. It was a few days before I noticed it but may have started doing this right away. Although there's is a tenant I'm single and he is also. The machine has not gotten much use over the years.

What is the way to go from here?
Thanks,
David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.