Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mommymilestones  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
mommymilestones

Groups: Registered

Sick of my dryer not getting everything dry! 1 full cycle and 30-50min. more additional time. Months ago I cleaned the vent and internal components, completely. Tested all fuses and they were all good. I read threads about sticking fuses so a changed them all one by one with still no luck. It was drying a little better it seemed with the High Limit fuse replaced. I just don't know. The belt looks ok, I can't tell if's turning any slower than usual but it seems good. Is it maybe a bad temp control swith? Another thread mentioned to see if it opens when you set it on high but no explanation of how to do it. Could it be anything with the idler pully, rear bearing, or rollers? Also the heating element looks good with no breaks. I'm not going to buy a new dryer!!!! I'm in Michigan and the clothes line is out of the ? for a few more months. My kids wear cloth diapers so I have laundry every other day, 5-10 loads a week. I'm not an idiot, yesterday I switched a motor coupling on another washer for a friend. It took me 8 minutes. I'm our familys washer/dryer repair un-expert. This one is just making me mad! Help

Former user name mammagraham- I lost my password..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 3:42:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does it do it on both timed and auto dry cycles?

Gene.
mommymilestones  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 11:17:22 AM(UTC)
mommymilestones

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Does it do it on both timed and auto dry cycles?

Gene.

I only use it on the moisture sensing cycle. Always incomplete at end of cycle. I tried the timed dry this week and it's dry almost every time at 90 minutes. This seems still too long though. I've only had to add another 20 minutes on 2 cycles that were heavier loads.

Also the dryer vent was the first thing I checked along with the hose test w/o outside venting so I know this is not it. Also I've checked on lint accumulation 3 seperate times since I had it open for changing the fuses.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 3:34:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Disconnect the vent hose from the dryer and do a load to check the time.

Gene.
P.S. How far and where the dryer vent goes?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply