Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GDFred  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:47:08 PM(UTC)
GDFred

Groups: Registered

I have a Roper Dryer model RES7745PQ0. It is about 3 years old. It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago, the dryer stopped heating. So I pulled the heating coil. It had a break and I replaced it with a new one.

The dryer worked fine at that point and ran and dried perfectly for 5-10 loads. Two nights ago, the dryer stopped working completely. The timer motor runs and advances when set on the manual timer. But the tumbler motor will not start and the heating element does not heat.

Here is what I have tested so far:

I have ~240v at the wall and at the cord connections to the dryer.
I have ~115v at the L1 to ground and L2 to ground.
The door switch has continuity when closed and open when open.
The "push2start" button has continuity (w/ slight resistance) when pushed.
The "thermal cutoff" has continuity.
The "thermal fuse" has continuity.
The "heater coil" has continuity.
The "thermostat heater" has continuity (w/ slight resistance).
The "operating thermostat" has continuity.
The "hi-limit thermostat" has continuity.
Timer motor advances in manual time mode.

Are there any tests I can do on the motor and/or timer to determine where the problem is? The timer is $80 and the motor is $95. If I have to replace both to find the problem --or not-- (plus the $50 I just spent on the heating coil) I might as well buy a new one...

I have the schematics Model RES7745PQ0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (By me, my wife and maybe the kids too!)

Thanks in advance! Greg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.