Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KMB  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 8:01:25 AM(UTC)
KMB

Groups: Registered

I have a Crosley CDE6000W electric dryer. It had quit working suddenly, after my wife had smelled something slightly ‘hot’ around the area where we have the dryer is located. I went online and found some good information here and elsewhere about what to look for (troubleshooting) and what was the likely cause. I disconnected the 2 white wires from the Thermal fuse, joined them together with electrical tape and turned on the dryer momentarily to see if it would work, and it did. I ordered the LA-1053 kit, replaced the Thermal fuse and thought it was fixed. But…I should have checked to see what had caused the fuse to blow the first time, because soon after, it blew again (after my wife again smelled something slightly ‘hot’). I did more online research and checked the High Limit thermostat and Cycling Thermostat (near the motor/blower assembly) and they both showed 0 ohms on my meter. Could either of the thermostats be bad even though they showed continuity (0 ohms)?

I checked the Heating Element/Coil and it was at 11.6 ohms. I also checked to make sure the element/coil was ‘open’ with the meter.

I checked around the blower wheel and found some lint build-up and cleaned that area real good. I looked in the vent tube at the rear of the dryer and it was clear. I also checked the venting to the outside of the house and it is clear.

I pulled the drum, and the rear seal looks ok (I might replace it to eliminate a trouble spot), and the front seal will have to be replaced since part of it is gone. Unless I’m seeing it wrong. I’ve attached pictures of both sides of the front seal where it seems to be broke. Also there is an overall pic of the rear seal condition…replace?

Is there anything else I should check before I buy another thermal fuse and replace the drum seals?

This has been a crash course on dryer repair, and most of the troubleshooting tips I have learned are credited to APP member denman (thanks!) and this thread: : http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/dryer-repair/78826-dryer-want-start.html

Thanks,

Kevin

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.