Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pjgsteelers  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 7:13:38 PM(UTC)
pjgsteelers

Groups: Registered

I have a gas dryer that runs but does not heat. The igniter glows for a few seconds but the gas valve never opens (guess)...I have already changed the solenoids twice but it did not help....The gas is line connected and the supply valve is open....It actually had a few little spurts of flame come out ot the the valve going into the igniter but only for a split second, then nothing....just the igniter glowing, then shutting down for a minute or 2, then glowing again....
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bgjones  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:22:33 PM(UTC)
bgjones

I'm not sure if a gas dryer works the same, but I have a gas range and the oven wouldn't come on. After a thermostat I found out that there is a saftey built into the ignitor. If it's going bad and has to high of a resistance then the vavle for the gas wont open. I would bet that a dryer is no diffrenet. It's easy for some to say replace this or that when it's not there money, but if it was me i would start with the ignitor.
The GilCo Group  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:12:12 AM(UTC)
The GilCo Group

Originally Posted by: bgjones Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure if a gas dryer works the same, but I have a gas range and the oven wouldn't come on. After a thermostat I found out that there is a saftey built into the ignitor. If it's going bad and has to high of a resistance then the vavle for the gas wont open. I would bet that a dryer is no diffrenet. It's easy for some to say replace this or that when it's not there money, but if it was me i would start with the ignitor.

I had this a one time, igniter glowes, flame flickeres, then shutdown, would cycle through and try to restart. Not knowing what else to try I noticed that the igniter was dusty and saw there might be a small "window" pointing to where the flame should be. After cleaning the dust off with a soft ratail brush then wiping with a windexed dampened paper towel, got lucky and it worked. Could have also been a loose wire in the circut don't know.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply